1982 Countdown

Sunday morning meant a quick trip to run some errands around.

80's on 8 on satellite radio was running down the top five songs from this week in 1982.

Right in my wheelhouse.

I graduated from high school in '82.

Ready for the countdown of the top 5?

Number 5:

Eye in the Sky by the Alan Parsons Project.

Do you think I liked that song?

I named a book Eye in the Sky.

I sang along.

Number 4:

Heart Attack by Olivia Newton John.

I must admit that it wasn't one I sang along with. Other than thinking Olivia Newton John was hot...I didn't think much more about it.

Number 3?

Jack & Diane by John Cougar.

He wasn't even John Cougar Mellencamp yet.

Brilliant song.

Life goes on. Long after the thrill of living is gone.

I was looking forward to the top two songs because my head was back in the days of chasing after pretty girls, drinking beer, playing golf and going to parties.

Number 2:

Not a great one. Michael McDonald. I Keep Forgetting.

The song keeps going and going and going and he keeps singing the title line over and over.

Melky was disappointed.

Paris was disappointed.

(An aside...Melky is back to going for daily rides although she is still a little scared that the plastic guy is going to be at the pizza place).

Anywhoha...

Back in 1982...

...our Number One song?

Are you ready Jeff Renaldo?

Who Can it Be Now? by Men at Work.

That's the song that made me write this blog.

I was blessed with a vivid image of Jeffy and me heading to Eden Valley Golf Course and him reaching across to turn up the radio because he loved the sax part of the song.

Music and its relationship to the brain is amazing to me.

I was 18 again.

I was thinking about the girls we were interested in back then.

Just swinging the clubs.

Laughing.

Singing.

Great song.

Melky and Paris seemed to like it too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie