World Cup Fever

So.

Are you watching the big game today?

The mighty USA coming off their 1 win, 1 loss, 1 tie play in the round of death is going to face-off against Belgium.

Do they do face-offs?

What I have heard most of lately is that soccer is really catching on in the United States. For the first time in history the American public is jumping on the 'soccer is great' bandwagon.

Are you there yet?

I'm not, actually, but I listened to their game against Germany...on the radio!

Yes...I listened to it on the radio!

Soccer on the radio is actually slightly less entertaining than soccer on television and soccer on television is slightly less boring to me than watching the grass grow.

But soccer in person seems sort of interesting to me.

In fact, it probably would be downright lively in one of those faraway places because they are really, really, really freaking into it!

But you know what?

Americans will be too if we somehow get to the end of the World Cup.

Can you imagine how crazy people will be if the USA is playing for the chance to be crowned the king of the world in soccer?

It would be nuts!

My boys are certainly right there in the mix.

USA! USA! USA!

They were texting last week.

But in a quiet moment over the weekend I asked Sam what he really thought:

"It's kinda' boring," he admitted.

I'm sympathetic with those who love soccer though because I feel that baseball is the best sport and everyone complains to me that it's boring.

I don't believe I've ever been bored watching a baseball game. The anticipation of the sport really drives my enjoyment.

And perhaps that is what soccer is all about.

The flopping?

The yellow cards?

The extra time that no one knows that's added.

The kicks.

None of that seems to register with me...but hey...let's hear it for the big game today!

USA! USA! USA!

Beat Belgium!

Beat Belgium!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie