Off to See the Captain!

So, we're heading to New York, New York to visit the cathedral where the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized Sports play baseball.

I'm not sure what the final head count will be but there will be a lot of Fuzzy's in the house to see the Captain play live in the final season of his glorious career.

God, I hope they don't lose!

Of course, heading to Yankee Stadium makes me think of all the other times I headed there. I remember watching the Yankees play the Red Sox in a double-header.

I was there alone.

Mattingly homered in both games and the Yankees swept.

John, Jim and I went to a game at the new stadium in 2009. It was tough. There was an empty seat beside us for the entire game. Bruce came over the loudspeaker just before first pitch.

The Yankees won.

I went with friends a whole bunch of times.

The Yankees won each time.

I sat with my worker buds in the Lou Gehrig suite. The game was tight and was actually headed into extra innings, but Matsui hit a home run with two outs in the bottom of the 9th.

So the Yankees won.

I also think of the very first time I sat in Yankee Stadium.

I was with my buddy Al DeCarlo. We were 20 years old. We took the subway in. We sat up high in left field. It was Yankees-Red Sux with Clemens pitching for the Six against Tommy John.

By the end of the 3rd inning it was 9-0 Sux.

I was in absolute despair.

The Yankees scored 10 straight runs to win it.

Mattingly got the game-winner.

So, what do you think?

Will they win?

Follow the result...we'll be at the Saturday afternoon game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie