Current Events

Buddy of mine sent me a text the other day:

"I'm not going to read anything about current events anymore."

A good idea.

How can you even fathom the plane getting blown out of the sky by a missile?

You can't, right?

Yesterday morning I picked up the Buffalo News and read about a 3-year-old girl who was a victim of a hit and run here in the city. It was bad enough that it happened and that the young girl was critically injured, but the news story told me that she was sent twenty-five feet in the air and that there wasn't any adult supervision around.

That's enough to make you wanna' spit up your coffee.

So, my buddy might be on to something, for sure.

Could we live without the news?

I happened to put the local news on the other evening.

A couple of questions:

1). Why do we have to know who's not there?

"Hi, this is Keith. Mary Alice has the day off."

Good for her!

2). Why do they have to tease everything?

You could be killing your family with a common household product. More after the break!

So...I'm not good with the local news at all, honestly. Even when I want to know if it's going to rain the next day...it's all jibber-jabber.

We have doppler radar and you will notice that the blue colors moving in might mean something for your weekend plans. More freaking later!

Why do I have to know what everything means?

I don't wanna' be a meterologist.

I don't wanna' know if it's raining in Syracuse.

Make the weather easier.

Skip the guy who wants to tell me he was right three weeks ago Tuesday. Just post one of two photos.

Either the sun...put a freaking smiling face in it if you want...

...or a guy taking a dump...

That's all I need.

Sunny or crappy.

As for the news?

No negative.

Nothing.

Missile shoots a plane out of the sky?

I guess I don't wanna' know.

My buddy has it down.

No more current events.

Back to you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty