Here to Help

There's an abortion clinic on Main Street in Buffalo.

I pass the place on a routine basis and every time I do I'm struck by the people who stand outside with sandwich boards around their necks as they demonstrate that abortion is murder.

I try and look at the people who are standing there, wondering what makes them do it. They are there every single time.

As I drove by the place on Monday afternoon there was a heavy downpour.

Still.

There was one guy out there.

His sign was hanging around his neck and his head was down to keep the rain from hitting him in the face:

I'm Here to Help. Not to Judge.

I was a little curious as to how he was going to help a woman who came into view of the abortion clinic.

What would he say to her?

Does he really believe that he will change her mind?

Does he feel that it should be his choice and not hers

The abortion issue is a pretty confusing topic for everyone on the planet. We all have beliefs.

When does life begin?

Are the doctors who perform abortions actually assisting in a controlled murder?

Will God condemn us all?

Why is the topic confusing to me?

Well, on the one hand there are religious beliefs involved. Yet I don't feel as if I am a guilty party if abortion is going on around me. I have never been party to an abortion.

Still, I wonder about the women who choose to go that route.

Are they sinners who are not worthy of eventual eternal salvation?

Perhaps.

Is any of that my business?

I don't think so.

Yet I'm curious about the guy who's standing out in the pouring rain with a sign around his head, offering to help.

Will anyone take the bait?

Someday I just might stop by and ask him.

He may have answers that we all need to survive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie