Orange

Net-Flix has sort of changed the television watching experience, huh?

We were looking for a show and my beautiful wife suggested one called, Orange is the New Black. The title was a bit weird and a woman's prison?

But we settled into the first episode and the lesbian angle was a tad interesting, but, of course, I'm really only thinking about the character development and the writing in the story lines.

"We'll give it a go," I said, in the middle of a steamy scene.

Yet, why the television experience has changed is this:

We used to watch a show at say, Tuesday evening at 8 p.m.

If we missed it, by some chance, we may never see it again.

It was an all or nothing thing.

Yet with the new set-up, you can just sit there and a new episode will start in 20 seconds or something. Boom, episode after episode.

Yet what has happened with this show is that we have quite a few moral situations to discuss during the show. Here are a sampling of a few of our questions back and forth as we have looked at the strange characters:

"If you have to go to jail for a year can I cheat on you?"

"What if I suddenly announced that I wanna' be a woman?"

"Do you think she's hot?"

The above questions were all asked by me.

Kathy's answers were:

"No."

"You'd be one ugly-ass woman."

And

"No."

And that's the thing. The shows push the envelope and make people ask sort of crazy questions as they ponder life's mysteries. I imagine that a women's prison isn't even as much fun as it seems in the show.

Yet those who produce the shows keep opening doors and challenging the audience.

I sort of like the show.

There's a bit of humor. The characters are interesting.

Let's just hope that the questions I ask become a bit easier.

Comments

John said…
And here I thought it was going to be a post about John Boehner (orange) and Obama. Are you staying away from politics?
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Talking politics is like talking about guns...just a fight waiting to happen. I've learned!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie