The Good Life


I went golfing at a country club.

I texted a buddy and told him that I felt a bit like Jed Clampett. Before I even arrived at the course my beautiful wife had to go out and get me clothes that were actually ALLOWED TO BE WORN ON THE COURSE.

So, I was a little tense when I arrived.

I started really slowly. My feet are still really hurting, but if I can put them in work boots, I can put them in golf shoes. And I spent a bit of time loosening up. The hip, the back, the feet were all barking.

But I was still so tense.

Because I felt like I didn't belong.

The rough is like the usual fairways I golf on. The fairways are so nice that I felt bad taking a swing. I learned really quickly that I needed to pour something out of a bottle on our cart on the holes.

I needed to fix ball marks on the green.

I had to wait my turn.

My f-bombs would most likely be frowned upon...and God help me if I threw a club.

So...I settled down quickly.

I kept looking at the beautiful images all around. Every hole was a piece of art. The blue skies were just perfect on Sunday afternoon and the temperature was just right as well.

And then I relaxed.

Before too long I was swinging free and easy.

I got a par.

Then another one.

I looked around some more and got a 3rd par in 4 holes when I sunk a long putt.

"What got into you?" One of the guys I was golfing with asked.

"I feel relaxed," I said. "I mean look around."

When we finished the round I pulled my cart up and a guy ran to the back end of the cart. He cleaned my clubs for the first time ever and loaded them into the back of my car.

Unreal.

A guy could get used to such fun.

Then again...

...I love throwing clubs...

and f-bombs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie