A Big Hug

Every year the great friends of Cathy George gather in her memory to play kickball.

It's an unbelievable scene.


They are playing for the championship leg.

I didn't play of course...if they were giving away a new left leg I honestly might have to try, but my body is not quite ready for that sort of exercise.

But it's fun to watch!

People jumping, diving, sliding...and laughing.


This year I thought about Foxy. A great guy who was always there. Foxy was Cathy's Dad, of course, and this year the tourney was dedicated to his memory.

Foxy was already a legend.

Great, great guy.

I shook hands with my buddy Wif (who can't get any balder) and then waited for the big hug from Diane.

As we exchanged that hug my mind pleaded with me to hold onto it.

Because the entire benefit is such a big hug as is the tourney for my brother Jeff.

A huge emotional hug that just speaks of love, of hope, of moving forward.

Never forgetting.


And helping others to cope.

Man, Cathy would certainly get a kick out of that...wouldn't she?

I know Foxy did.

I know everyone who showed up, even for a little while, did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie