Bumble Bee

So, they found a burial place for the Boston bomber, huh?

I know that it was quite the issue for a little while there. You've really sort of failed the test, haven't you, if they can't find a place to put your remains after the cops shoot you and your brother drives over your empty melon.

What a shame.

I've spent the week trying to stay positive, but it's so hard! I wanted to just read and discuss items that were good for the heart, but the Cleveland mess, the kids who've been shot with their parents' guns.

Damn.

And today I was listening to a show and a man came on talking about how 'God, in general, doesn't make much sense to a reasonable thinking man'.

The guy was a 'I'm smarter than you' type of a real asshole.

Yet I listened to him.

And then the host started back at him a bit.

He explained that if he bought the basic premise that God didn't exist than 'How the hell can you explain everything?'

"Man wants to take credit for everything, and they pride themselves on all the wonderful things they've built, but no matter how hard they try they'll never build something as wonderful or intricate as a freaking bumble bee."

I liked that.

The host went on to explain the power of scent that a dog has. I don't know if it's all true - I haven't had the chance to talk it over with Melk-a-Doo or Pair-Pair too, but I will.

"If you're baking a cake it's believed that a dog can break down the scent of every single ingredient of that cake."

The atheist was as closed-minded as you'd believe, but he also blabbered on about the big bang being the explanation of everything.

I tried to digest all of it and swing my thoughts back to positive thoughts.

I thought about the 2-year-old who lost his life when shot by the 7-year-old. The older kid had found his uncle's gun.

I wondered if the uncle was still in favor of no checks on anything.

If something like that would happen would you ever pick up a gun again?

Positive.

Positive.

Positive.

I'm gonna' just ask the dogs about scents.

Then I'm gonna' tell 'em all about the bumble bee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty