All Night Long...Until Grey's Anatomy Comes On

So. On Saturday I went to see the girl I'm seeing on the side.

Stephanie, my massage therapist.

Stephanie has become very important to me as I battle the never-ending injury to my hip. It can best be explained that the muscles, tendons and ligaments are prone to tightness on a routine basis. I can pinpoint the trouble spots about five days before the visit. Stephanie knows that her work is cut out for her. She has to work hard.

Anywhoha...

I'm not bitching. I know a lot of people who are really sick. I'm healthy other than the bum hip.

It's all the good eating and clean living I do.

Well, on Saturday we were going through the motions. I was listening to the tape that was on...Faith Hill. Not my favorite. I like the Adele or Norah Jones stuff when my muscles are being worked.

Good old Faith was singing her heart out though. It was an up-tempo ditty about being in love. There was a male singer in the song and they were trading verses. The basic essence of the song was this:

We're gonna' make love all night long. We're going to share our love until our strength is gone.

I laughed.

Stephanie stopped working my left shoulder.

"What?"

"I think the lyrics are for the younger folk," I said. "I can imagine saying something like that to my wife. She'd call the looney bin."

Stephanie must have let the lyric sink in because after Faith sang it again she laughed.

"Right," she said. "You should write a song about old love."

It got me thinking.

"Hurry the hell up," it'll be called.

"Grey's Anatomy is on."

We both laughed.

"Till our strength is gone," I said.

"It's just about over when I bend down to take my socks off my stinking feet."

"Are you gonna' write a song about it?" Stephanie asked.

We let the subject close. We went straight to the movie that Kathy had me sit through on Friday night. Save the Date.

"It was a romantic movie about young folk," I said. "There was all the angst about young love and the drama that goes into it. Three-quarters of the way through the movie I wanted everyone to die."

Stephanie laughed again.

"You are such a romantic. Kathy is a lucky girl."

I believe the time has passed.

All night long.

That's funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie