A Week of Love - A True Hero



The above photo is a shot of one of my heroes in life.

That's Michael Gaglianone.

He's a ladies man.

He's a Phillies fan.

And a Yankee fan.

He loves sports.

And his family.

He always smiles.

My Mom had a day spent with Michael last summer at the baseball benefit in honor of Jeff.

"He's a wonderful boy," she told me just last week. "I really enjoyed talking to him."

And every time I think of Michael I smile.

Because he reminds me of his Mom.

And his Dad.

And sometimes love fills up your heart

And makes it want to explode.

Sometimes there's just so much beauty in this world.

And I thought of that immediately when I saw this photo.

I thought of sitting across from his Dad about thirty years ago.

There was a backgammon board between us.

We talked about finding the love that we needed.

We talked about dreams.

We fantasized about how perfect it would be to be a Dad.

And my buddy had all of his dreams come true.

And that is beautiful.

He's a handsome bastard, isn't he?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie