Waaaaay Too Early!

Chased around the golf ball this morning. The two Grape Ape's I golf with hit it pretty well, but the fourth guy just flat out quit on the 11th hole and then went along for the ride.

My poor brother-in-law, Chuck, just didn't want to bash a club over his cart. Simply picked up his ball and stopped. The mature way to handle a bad round.

Yet I didn't have a bad round - a couple of birdies, a couple of pars, too many three putts. What sucked though is that I did it all in a jacket - a 27-time Defending World Champion Yankee jacket that aggravated my cart partner - but there were actually two or three times when I had to blow into my hand for warmth.

It's the first week of September for crying out loud! The summer was another rough one for us, is it too much to ask for an extension of the good weather?

Because once the weather turns...it's a real long stretch here in good old Buffalo. We're talking crap from the first week of September until, what, the 3rd week in May?

If my math is correct that would be nearly nine months of sitting in the house, trying to avoid the next lousy romantic comedy.

(By the way, DON'T, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, let it cross your mind that the JLo movie - The Backup Plan might entertain you - HORRIBLE! Get a backup plan).

So, there it is. I'm officially complaining about the weather.

I'm begging for some more sunshine.

I have one more major golf event this year and it is scheduled for the end of the month. Back-to-back days on some good courses.

If this keeps up, I may be going in my 27-time Defending World Champion Yankee snowsuit.

I gotta' get one of those.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty