Ashes to Ashes, A Boy Named Sue, We All Fall Down

I was dreading the day as I had a long road trip planned, a big meeting, and then a long trip back home. I just knew that I was going to see a lot of gray today as the road stretched out before me.

Just in case I didn't have enough gray...it rained all the way.

I hate to think of a day as a throw away day. The 27-Time Defending World Champion Yankees were on at night, and there was pasta at home...but what else to occupy my mind?

For some reason, I kept thinking of the phrase Ashes to Ashes.

"Where the hell does that come from?" I wondered.

Then I remembered the next line - "We All Fall Down."

London Bridge?

I googled it - nope.

Ring around the freaking Rosie?

Bingo. I looked up the words. There are different words sung to the song in all different countries, and what the hell is a posie?

Still can't chase the phrase from my mind.

Then the I-Pod kicked me to Johnny Cash - "A Boy Named Sue."

I recalled my Dad playing it for me and laughing. I was about ten at the time. I loved the song - especially since Dad was singing and laughing too.

I came home and played it for my boy.

He laughed.

There are no throw away days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie