Look At Me! Making Memories



Every year I play 36 holes of golf in a 24 hour period with some of my closest 'work' friends. You can imagine what we do during the break in the two rounds. We make memories.

When I was growing up, my brothers, sisters and parents were always doing whatever we could to make the others laugh, and we had one hard and fast rule - look at me!

Well, my golf outing this year couldn't have worked out better for the making memories and look at me theories.

You see, on Friday I was in the group that teed off first, guaranteeing that we'd finish first and get to sit up on the top of the 18th green with beer in our hands and make fun of the other twenty people trying to finish their round.

And I birdied 18! Making a long, ridiculous chip from off the edge.

I told a few people about it.

Like the poor bastards that were trying to finish the hole.

Like the club attendant who I made snap my photo.

Like a man-and-wife team that couldn't get away fast enough.

Like a random guy in the parking lot who was nice enough to come back to our group and inquire about it in front of everyone.

"Hey, did somebody birdie 18?" That great guy asked.

And we laughed hard...for two days.

It was a great chip.

Just thought I'd let you know.

I knew you wanted to look at me.

(And yes, most of the guys in the photo were giving me the finger as I snapped the picture).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie