Instant Karma, My Ass

Yesterday a story made the rounds on all the social media sites.

It seems a 450-pound Florida man won $3 million in the lottery.

Good for him, right?

Well, he was a convicted sex offender and not one of those got 'caught peeing in the woods' types of offenders. His offense was hardcore, evidently, dealing with a 9-year old.

Which immediately made me think of karma and the fact that we're supposed to get what we have coming to us, right?

I had that very debate with a dopey bastard (who will remain nameless) just a few weeks earlier.

I said that there's no such thing as karma - "otherwise all the people on death row would be suffering with some sort of debilitating disease".

Right?

Anyway, I was inspired.

I bought five Win for Life tickets.

The fat sex offender won his three mil on a scratch-off.

You know what I won?

Yeah.

Nothing.

Not a dime.

Where's my karma?

There are a lot of people who really think that people who cause pain will eventually 'get what they have coming to them' but the truth of the matter is that they often don't.

Then there are those who believe:

That you will one day be judged by God and you will 'pay for your sins.'

What if that isn't true, either?

What if you get there and stand in judgement and somehow the records are all off?

What if the recent lottery winners records are somehow mixed up with a guy who lived a nice quiet, penance-filled life?

It could happen, right?

"Um, we're sorry, Mr. Fazzolari but we lost all of our records in a big flood. We aren't sure if you were naughty or nice. We're just giving the same penalty across the board and we are choosing heaven or hell based on the flip of this here coin. Uh-oh, you got tails - down you go."

Hopefully there is a ledger of sorts out there.

And that we get credit for what we have done right.

But it's hard to know, right?

What gets you in or out of heaven?

Is it based on a curve?

"Your college days really hurt you here. We have you down for a 74. The passing grade is 75 because of all those elderly people who say the rosary one time after another. Sorry. Dress light. It's warm there."

I'm not quite sure what the deal is.

I just know that I got a bit of a sick feeling when I read about the guy who claimed the lottery prize.

Here's hoping that he doesn't have any lingering deviant thoughts.

I pray that he does some good with the extra coin in his pocket.

Karma just didn't get him.

That's why it's garbage, Pops.

Oops.

Did I just out you as the dopey bastard I was having the discussion with?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty