D.B. of the Week - Al Sharpton

All right, I admit it. I'm being a little lazy because this one is so easy.

Al Sharpton could be D.B. of the week about 30 times a year.

He's so eternally annoying.

Yet as soon as the verdict was announced in Ferguson you knew that Sharpton would be front and center, screaming about the horrors of it all.

And perhaps Sharpton does speak for someone somewhere, but you wish that he would center in on the facts of a case instead of just spewing hate speech which he disguises as love speech.

Is there a point to the protest for Sharpton in Ferguson?

Well, that is a much healthier debate.

Certainly, maybe, perhaps, maybe not.

The thing about it is that Sharpton, and his partner in 'I'm-talking-here-but-you-have-no-idea-what-words-I'm-trying-to-string-together,' Jessie Jackson simply step out front and fuel what is already a highly combustible situation.

And it sort of rubs people the wrong way.

Now I know that both Sharpton and Jackson have had a lot of problems when it comes to their own personal finances but that's not the point, right?

Well, that's sort of why Sharpton claims D.B. of the week...

...because it sort of is his point.

Seems to me to be a money grab of sorts.

Martin Luther King Jr. had a lot to say in the name of civil rights. His words were impassioned by what he believed, and what he believed was on the mark.

All folks deserve the same sort of treatment...

...but it's also based upon the actions of the individual.

The issue at hand should be considered.

The same side isn't wrong every single time.

To me MLK's words did not smack of a money grab, or a chance to stand in front of the camera and spew what could be considered as racist speech from the other side.

Look, people deserve the right to protest.

But the protest should be done in a civil manner.

I'm not quite sure that the words coming from Sharpton, immediately after the verdict, lend themselves to a full debate on the issue.

This issue, or any issue.

You can always predict the rhetoric.

I often wonder if Sharpton, or Jackson, for that matter even believe what they're saying anymore.

I vote that they have set race relations back about twenty years.

Now, I could be wrong here.

It's a slippery subject.

Perhaps Sharpton means something else to other people.

I'm just a uninitiated white guy living a normal American life.

To me he comes off as D.B. of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie