Famous Last Words

Evidently Steve Jobs last words were:

Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow.

Now I'm not sure if he was glimpsing the other side or if he just sort of mumbled his way out of here, but the concept of last words sort of struck me as something that might be interesting to read about.

Everything is available these days.

I kind of like the last word of Italian artist Raphael:

Happy.

That's a good last word.

Blues singer Bessie Smith said:

I'm going, but I'm going in the name of the Lord.

She had packed her bags just in case.

The Chairman of the Board, Sinatra said:

I'm losing it.

Elvis' last words were even sadder.

I'm going to the bathroom to read.

But the whole last words thing is really strange when you think of Pistol Pete Maravich, who died so young, who said:

I feel great

Buddy Rich had a funny line. As he was being prepped for surgery that he would never come out of the nurse asked him if there was anything he 'couldn't take' (medicine-wise), Buddy said:

Yeah. Country music.

That wasn't even the funniest, I suppose. Murderer James Rodgers was placed in front of the firing squad in Utah. He was asked if he 'needed anything else' before the shooting started. His last words were:

Bring me a bullet-proof vest.

Ben Franklin?

A dying man can do nothing easy.

I suppose that you'll never truly know what the last words might be. Perhaps there will be a production of sorts as you see it coming. Yet there are those who never know what the last sentence might be.

da Vinci was overly critical of himself:

I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.

There will be a last sentence, folks.

And then we're off.

Oh Wow. Oh Wow. Oh Wow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie