Skip This One Pops - Football Bashing Part 544

Like millions of others I watched the football games over the weekend.

I didn't really care who won, but I had picked the Super Bowl participants in my blog as San Francisco over Denver so I was getting ready to really hammer people if both of the teams I picked made it.

But I don't like to brag about things I get right...so it didn't really matter.

I just wanted to see good games.

And for the most part, I was doing okay.

One pal texted me in the 2nd quarter of the 49ers-Seahawks Game:

Him: Good game, right?

Me: The refs will ruin it.

And I don't say that lightly.

This is a sport with billions and billions of dollars and the refs are incompetent. They have review after review after review...and they still blow three calls a week.

Now I've also been watching the sport for 30 years. I know some of the rules. I used to know others, but they changed them.

When a ball hits the ground it seems like there are 11 rules on whether or not it's a fumble.

Anywhoha....

The 49ers punter went back to kick the ball away. His plant foot - the one he has to keep on the ground as he lifts the other one - is off-limits to defenders. If that foot is hit...even accidentally...there is a 15-yard penalty assessed to the team who hits said leg.

Easy enough.

Except the penalty assessed was a 5-yard penalty.

Me: That's it. I'm done.

The kids were a bit alarmed.

Sam: The ref made a mistake.

But let's look at it another way.

Every single game appears orchestrated to me. Back about 20 years ago there was a problem with people tuning out the Super Bowl because there were some real ass-whippings.

There aren't any blow-outs anymore.

Every game comes down to a point-spread drive.

Or a over/under drive.

The world is betting billions of dollars on the outcome of each game...and the refs issue an apology every week because they didn't know the rules of the game they are trying to ref?

Later in the game one player had the ball in his arms as he hit the ground. The refs claimed that the other team had recovered the fumble. There were half a dozen refs there looking at it. The play was deemed as not being subject to review.

It's an arrogant league.

The former players are walking around with mush brains.

The current players rape and pillage and murder and drunk drive.

They black-out games in taxpayer paid for stadiums.

They do a breast cancer drive and keep 98% of the money.

Hell, you can't even write the words Super Bowl without it being automatically capitalized.

And the games just appear to be fake.

So, if you read this far, Pops...I'm sorry...

They're pulling the wool over your eyes.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Two different penalties! 5 for running into the kicker, 15 for roughing the kicker.
Cliff Fazzolari said…
But the rule is specific to running into the plan leg...if the plant leg is hit...for any reason whatsoever it is a 15-yard penalty...I'm not a ref but I know the rule. It's not a gray area. It's explicit. You were supposed to skip the blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie