Happy New Year to All

The New Year always brings a lot of hope with it, doesn't it?

I always feel as if the slate is wiped clean, sort of, and that a new day is dawning on a life that will be more filled with wisdom, willpower, faith and hope.

That shit is usually out the window by the 5th of January, but still...

...I feel it.

And there's a thought that it really shouldn't be so hard.

Just get up and say a little prayer.

Eat right.

Be kind.

Smile at strangers.

Wave to the neighbors.

Laugh with the kids.

Kiss the spouse.

Work hard.

Don't bitch.

Save some money.

Eat right (again)

Exercise.

Brush and floss the teeth.

Be fair.

Drift off to sleep with a prayer.

Stay organized.

Read more.

Eat less.

Exercise.

Smile.

Watch less television.

Think kind thoughts.

It ain't all that hard, right? It should be easy enough to pull off. Follow the AA mantra...just a day at a time. Break it down to one good hour and then another good hour.

I really believe we all aspire to live that way.

Well some of us do.

Maybe half of us do.

All right, but no less than 10% of us do.

And I'll try.

I swear to God I will.

Maybe this one year it won't all go wrong.

Maybe I'll get to the end of 2014 and think, "Damn, I pulled it off."

Then again...

...what I really wish for all of you is stay happy, stay hungry and stay alive.

Love your family.

Work hard.

And do some of those things on the list I gave you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie