To My Wife - Thank you

You get up early, with a day of work on your mind. You do your best to make it through each and every little battle. Never giving up, never giving in.

I thought of this today as I left with a new day dawning. Travelling west, the sun a big beach ball in the sky, making me move the visor left and right, right and left and back again. I'm so damn tired because I can't sleep because I remember...

What do I want to do today? Who do I want to think about? Thoughts of my wife and kids - man, too much love to comprehend - sip of coffee and remember...remember.

Remember when Jagger came out with this song? Remember how we laughed about how goofy he is. Remember how much we loved his falsetto voice?

And the Bruce line about having debts that no honest man can pay and how you told that to a banker and he gave you a month or two of grace...

Remember...

And still there's the voice inside saying come on boy, stand on it, and rise above it and make it all happen... and still... there will be a new day dawning...and I will face it without my best buddy... so

Stand on it...there's a new sun rising in a brilliant morning sky and I come across a horrific traffic accident.

Lanes closed in each direction. Two semi tractor trailers hammered in opposite lanes - no way either driver survived. What are their ages? Who lives in their families? How much pain there? Both dead?

Who the hell knows, I'm just passing through - listening to the next song on my I-pod, missing my best friend, wondering if the next guy along the chain is going to miss his best buddy and dreaming about God...

....and does God give a flying f&*%K about who misses who and why? There is this about that... and wondering if I don't make it home how that how bullshit cermeony is going to go...

... and wondering about the new day dawning and how I need to make it there just to make it all secure for those that are waiting on me...stand on it...

... and knowing...knowing that it all matters...one more day...one more 24-hour period of the sun coming up and going down...made it...one more day...

... hanging on.

And my wonderful wife asking - "Do you need someone to talk to?"

And "No, there's you," and really meaning it.

"I don't need anyone other than you. There's you. And thank you. I miss my best buddy, but thank you."

And her saying that there might be someone else that can help...

...but all the love I need is free inside of me...

...stand on it...Ready and willing with a heart filled with love...

Thnak God for the reprieve...

...and what's wrong with that?

.... Let love give what it gives...

... For god's sake...

...what it gives....

... to all I've loved..................................................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie