The Sun Was Shining

The weekend was exciting for a number of reasons - most of all because the sun was shining. Three days of temperatures near 80, a chance to do yard work early, believing that the long (although mild) winter was behind us.

On Friday we held our white trash driveway party - lots of laughs, the kids shooting hoops, the ice bucket filled with beer, everyone telling me that my I-pod is depressing, and a few long conversations with good friends. No airs, no drama, just relax and smile.

Saturday brought a visit to family, more laughs, Johnny, Farrah and Rocco starring in the show. The sorrow hard to come by when the kids are making you laugh.

Sunday brings thoughts of eternal life and rising, and ham and turkey and chocolate and the start of the baseball season - which we don't want to discuss - suffice to say the Yanks lost their opener last year too.

And waking up today, knowing that a return to work was on the horizon and knowing that the back is still barking, hoping that the sun stays up high in the sky, and the light moments continue.

As I drove from one job to another today, just listening to thee radio, calm, not stressed, I wondered if it were possible to bottle the mood. There are people who are at peace all the time, right?

How do you get to be one of those people?

I'm not sure, but I think nice weather has something to do with it, right?

They're calling for rain tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie