Sad, Sad, Sad


The Stones have a great upbeat song called - you guessed it - Sad, Sad, Sad. I was listening to it this morning when it occurred to me that sadness is something I never really did very well. Obsessive Compulsive? Certainly. Anger? Got that down. Happy? Spent most every day really happy with life. Silly? Sure. Depressed? once in awhile, but I never really had to deal with sad for an extended length of time.

So, there I was, in the parking lot at Wilson Farms, thinking of getting a coffee, listening to Mick, and wondering why I never was able to handle being sad.

I thought it through - considered that it was okay to be sad, but that it was okay to be happy too.

Send me a sign that I'm thinking the right way, I thought.

The song ended. I dug around for loose change for the coffee, and the van beside me moved, leaving me with the above glimpse of happiness.

Don't need to tell you who loved Heineken Light now, do I?

Comments

Yeah. It's amazing how comfort comes. I'm glad you saw it.

Dammit. You made me cry again!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie