Caught Between A Rock And A ....Rock

Everyone has to have those mornings when you wake up feeling as though you never really slept. You been there, right? In and out of fitful dreams that you can barely remember and that seemed so important while you were dreaming it, but kind of sort of took away from the rest.

I woke up that way this morning. Already tired. Already aggravated. Already to go back to bed, but a busy day awaited.

So, off I went, snarling at everyone as the day progressed. Texting a buddy long enough to watch the early morning hours pass. Turning down a potential golf date because I'm still not sure I can trust the back and besides there's too much to do.

All the while thinking of going back to bed.

Yankee home opener - no way to see a television. No one to call me when the score changes. Nothing on the freaking radio - hey wifey can't I get that on Sirius? Help me with that, would you?

Watching it on the Blackberry - not missing a single pitch as I talked in front of twenty people.

Still stuck between that rock...and a rock. Still tired.

Trying to smile. Writing things on Facebook that I don't even mean just to rile up some of my friends.

I wonder what my bed is doing now.

Lady beeps at me in the grocery store parking lot. I think about beating her up. Smile and wave instead. She gives me the finger. Sorry I didn't beat her up. Doesn't she know I'm tired?

Home at last. Mariano saved the game. The dog is happy to see me. The wife and kids are in a good mood.

"How can I help?" my wonderful wife asks.

The rock is moving. I smile my answer.

I smiled!

Full bottle of Tylenol PM waiting for me. More back exercises. I'll be swinging a club soon. Probably too many times, too.

Hope I don't hit a rock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty