Opening Day!

Sunday marks the opening day of baseball season - a day I've looked forward to every year since I've had teeth - and yes, I still have them all.

So, what can I say about the coming year? The Boston, Philly and Mets fans have been awful quiet this winter. I wonder why that might be.

Oh yeah, the YANKEES WON THEIR 27TH CHAMPIONSHIP JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!

Not to say we need another immediate return on the dollars they've spent this year. I really don't feel the urgent need for the Yanks to repeat, but unfortunately, for all you haters out there - they just might.

Damon is gone. Matsui is gone. Hell they even traded Melky which thoroughly pissed off his namesake, my dog. There are new guys to cheer for, but now that they are in pinstripes, we'll give them a go.

The Yanks open on Sunday night against the Red Sux. Nothing like getting my stomach turning right off the top. Puke Youk and steroid-cheat Ortiz and stupid Papelbon, and dumb Varitek, and moronic Lowell, and idiot Francona and those clueless Boston fans.

Which of course, gets me going already - study the schedule for a minute - The Yanks play 10 of their first 16 on the road with a West Coast trip in there for good measure.

The Red Sux are home for nearly all of their first 16. Good teams win 2/3rds at home and split on the road-so with that the Yanks should expect to start around 9 and 7.

The Red Sux should be better than that - please don't hit me with the what's wrong with the Yanks spiel. The schedule-makers design it this way to keep those Northeasterners happy and interested. Starts and ends the same way every year.

We know who'll be standing in October again.

Get ready haters!

On the way to 28!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie