To My Beautiful Wife - Happy Birthday

Considering I wrote a blog to acknowledge my dog Melky's birthday, I figured....

Yes, my wife is another year older - many of you reading along have to be wondering how and why she puts up with my shit. I wonder myself sometimes.

You see, Kathy has the absolute misfortune of having her birthday right on cue with March Madness. At least there aren't any games tonight.

Yet my buddies are coming over to pick the team names out of a hat. We do it every Monday before the start of the tourney and I was a little afraid to tell her that we weren't going to shift the night. Kathy laid a bit of a guilt-trip on me, and then said, "I don't care. They can come over."

That's a good wife.

We didn't have much of a celebration.I did make dinner and clean-up, but she reminded me that it doesn't count because I'd have done it anyway. Some flowers, a card, and a couple of "your getting really old" from the kids.

And it was enough.

So, here we are some 15 years after she stopped by for a drink and made me miss the first day of tournament games. I certainly don't remember who has won the tourney from year-to-year, but I'm certainly happy that her birthday still conflicts with my schedule. I'm ready for about 50 more years of worrying how we can pick names out of a hat, and still sing Happy Birthday.

To "Miss-a-Little-Time-On-Her-Hands". Happy Birthday.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Thank goodness she let us, I need the money!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie