Go Away

A few weeks ago I was exposed to grainy footage of President Bush telling jokes about the Iraq war. He even sang a country song about his failed policies. It made me want to throw up. He can't sing.

Two weeks ago, he did a tap dance as he waited for someone to meet with him. He can't dance either.

This week, he is marking the five-year anniversary of the Iraq war by explaining that it was a grand idea. It's been four years since he declared that as an accomplished mission. He doesn't look back very well, either.

The problem I have is that no one, in their right mind, has been listening to him for some time. Check the approval ratings of Bush and his partner in crime, Cheney. People grew weary of their act, eight years too late.

The other night, my wife was asking me if I'd seen Bush talk about the economy. I hadn't.

"It makes me sad to look at him," my wife said. "All of the dead soldiers. The failing economy, God, it's been awful."

I couldn't respond.

"You know," my wife said, "I wouldn't shake his hand if he passed me on the street."

Me neither. Just go away. Retire to Texas, write a pop-up book about your presidency, and leave us alone.

When you hit Texas soil we can all look back and proudly say, "Mission Accomplished."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie