Checking the Headlines

--- This just in - two mothers were arrested for fighting at Chuck E. Cheese. It seems that one mother became enraged because a 9-year-old boy was hogging an arcade game. She showed her son how to handle conflict by popping the other mother in the face. Charges are pending.

--- Of course, another day, another mass shooting - five people dead in West Palm Beach, Florida. What the hell are you getting mad at in that type of weather? Seriously, you talk about just accepting violence. How many mass shootings is that since the start of the new year? I'm guessing at least five.

--- The Clinton-Obama race is heating up and it made me laugh outloud when I was listening to a call-in show on a conservative station and the caller blamed Bill Clinton for all that has gone wrong in the last 8 years. He reasoned that the prior president makes the mess for the incoming one. Seems to me that whoever wins this election is in line for a lifetime of pain.

--- Pitchers and catchers finally reported and the steroid talk has finally taken a backseat. My idea is to leave salaries and drugs out of the discussion so that fans can get back to enjoying what their watching without having their stomachs turn.

--- Just a question - does the voice in your head ever stop? I'm always listening to what I have to say and I wish I'd just shut-up already.

--- Just finished reading John Grisham's book - The Innocent Man - about a man who was nearly put to death for a crime that he didn't commit. It seems to me that there is plenty of that going around. Grisham cited the number of times it has happened and it left me to wonder how a poor man with no evidence against him is nearly put to death when OJ, Phil Spector and Robert Blake got off without a problem - who says money can't buy happiness or freedom for that matter?

--- And finally, while sitting around thinking about things - I wonder if you've ever stood in the shower wondering if you'd already washed your hair during that session. How's that for focus and concentration? I do that a couple of times a month - perhaps that's why most of my hair has fallen out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie