Just A Tree


I stopped by to visit Mom this weekend, and I was getting some stuff out of the car when I glanced at a tree just feet from the front door.

A beautiful, majestic tree, and it dawned on me that it had really grown in the decades after it had been planted.

I remember when the tree was planted. Dad had hired a landscaper out of Niagara Falls and those men worked hard for a few days and truly beautified the yard.

The tree has truly sprouted up - now stands about 15’ tall. I know some people who can look at a tree and tell you what kind of tree it is at just a glance.

I’m not one of those guys.

But man, when you look at a large, sturdy tree for more than just a moment, it is pretty impressive.

Majestic.

Like a living, breathing thing. As if it should have a name.

That tree, most likely, will stand there for years and years - way longer than I’ll be here.

The glance at that tree made me look to the wooded area just yards from where our baseball diamond stood when we were kids.

Hundreds of beautiful trees, their branches swaying in the wind. Their leaves all different colors at this time of year.

So much beauty.

Just a dumb tree.

Still thinking of her name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon