I Have Enough Stress

The baseball playoffs have been insane.

I was watching Mets-Brewers the other night and when it was 2-0 going to the 9th I went to bed.

“The Brewers closer is good,” I said, as I went up.

Of course, Alonso hit a 3-run homer.

But I had a quiet week, anxiety-wise because the Yankees were off.

That all changed on Saturday evening.

My anxiety level spiked when Cole gave up a homer and they fell behind 3-2.

“I can’t control any of it,” I lectured myself. “Why feel anxious?”

That didn’t work.

The Yankees took the lead back.

Then gave it back.

Then took the lead again.

“I can’t take this for a month,” I said.

But I will, of course, because it’s sports and it’s how we amuse ourselves.

Kathy asked me about my Yankees love before the game started.

“You can only have one more championship in your life. Yankees or Bills or Sabres.”

I just frowned.

“It’s not even close? Buffalo would go crazy with a title.”

“I’m not even answering,” I said. 

It’s all about baseball.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon