Big G!

The Yankees game was tense last night as they battled the Royals, who are supposed to be an inferior opponent.

Yet, this is playoff baseball and anything can happen.

The Phillies lost their series to the Mets. The Dodgers and Guardians both fell 2-1 in their series’ against ‘lesser’ opponents.

I was anxious!

“Yankees in a tight one,” a buddy texted.

“I need this like a head in my hole,” I responded.

Anxious.

2-2 game.

Had to shut off Costas - who I love doing anything but play-by-play in a Yankees game.

With the sound off, I watched intently as Giancarlo Stanton (a guy I might be able to beat in a foot race) took two balls to start his AB.

“Don’t throw him a fastball,” I cautioned the pitcher.

He threw him a fastball.

Big G hammered it.

Kathy was in the room but she wasn’t looking. I said two words:

“F***ing Stanton!”

She looked up as I turned the volume up and Stanton trotted around the bases.

A 3-2 win.

More anxiety tonight!

Close it out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon