Friends

As I approach the round number birthday, I have been a tad reflective.

My new book is all about looking back and laughing.

Today is a day I think about because it’s my buddy Jeff’s birthday - when we were kids this was like Holy Week - his birthday three days before mine.

He’s the guy I was standing next to when I was old enough to drink in a bar.

He bought me shots, watched me drink mine while he tossed his over his shoulder, but he’s the guy who carried me out of there too.

And 60 is different…

…last thing I want these days is a shot!

Kathy keeps asking me about Friday…

…what do you want to do?

“Watch the Yankees and go to bed,” has been my answer all week…

…after I golf in the morning with my usual foursome…

…I really wanted to do that because we hardly played together this year.

Friends.

I am blessed to have a bunch…

…one guy I’ve  known since I was 5.

College buddies I loved being around.

All solid guys…

….don’t see them all the time anymore, but they’re with me.

Happy Birthday, Jeffy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie

Eyes on the Horizon