We Shall Overcome

Love is an amazing thing when you're receiving it.


The 4th Annual Memorial Softball Tourney for Jeff was held on a beautiful day. And I'm not talking about just the weather. During the day there were just so many wonderful thoughts that entered my mind.

Playing softball with the same guys I grew up playing with was one of them. We had a rally where we scored a lot of runs and the same voices were saying the same things as we slapped hands.


Mom sat on the Lions bench for part of one of the games and when Rocco scored from first on a hit (he was running for as many people who would let him) she stared out, eyes filled with tears.

"How many times have you cried today?" I asked her.

"A lot," she answered.

Because of the love.

The people of North Collins are incredible. Our Baltimore (and Delaware) family is always front and center...with more love.


Life-long cherished friends.

It really is amazing.

I can't even possibly start naming names because there were just so many people who joined in and made sure that the Fazzolari's...and especially Johnny, Farrah and Rocco felt the love.

Simply incredible.

And I even commemorated the moment with my first beer in a year.


And as we set up, Bruce was on...of course...and Corinne made mention of how brutal he was singing the first song of the day.

"You know what song it is?" I asked.

"No."

"We shall overcome."

And we shall...because of the love of some amazing people.

(P.S. - the beer was good).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie