Ray Rice Gets It Now

It just kills me.

Someone gets into trouble.

Here's the full gamut of what they have to go through:

1). I can't talk right now. The legal team has told me to stay quiet.

2). I made a mistake.

3). I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry.

4). I'm gonna' be the greatest human being for the rest of time now.

I had the unfortunate luck to be exposed to the Ray Rice apology that was run on ESPN.

He mentioned that:

"Ray Rice wants Ray Rice to be the best Ray Rice that Ray Rice can be."

And we all know how much I enjoy a good mention of your own name when you're speaking.

He wouldn't talk about the incident.

He spoke of the Bible.

(Always bring out the Bible when hitting the high points).

He was devastated by the 2-game suspension because he let his teammates down. Yet it pales in comparison with how he is punishing himself over this.

He even mentioned the standing ovation that the lovely Ravens fans gave him because, hey, who can't appreciate a man who can throw such a wonderful right cross?

But there was certainly a moment when I wondered:

"Is he being sincere?"

And I hope he is.

But you know what really irritated me?

The talking heads who were on after.

They were praising the apology.

"I think Ray Rice really gets it."

Then...

"What he had to say was profound."

Profound?

Good luck to Ray Rice.

And to the people giving him a standing ovation.

And especially to his wife.

And daughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie