The Best Sit-Com Ever?

I can watch sit-coms over and over again. It sort of drives my beautiful wife crazy. She'd rather watch it once and then never again.

And while I must admit that I've about run the route on Seinfeld...there are other classics that can be on in the background as I type reports.

Like Friends.

Or the King of Queens

And it got me thinking about the best ones I've ever seen.

There were the ones when we were kids - Happy Days, The Jeffersons, Taxi, The Brady Bunch, Leave it to Beaver, Gilligan's Island.

We saw them all, right? Most of them were really freaking stupid.

I liked Taxi and Sanford & Son from the childhood days. Sanford was great when Redd Foxx was in it...horrible when Grady was there...so I guess I'll go with Taxi.

As an adult I was really spoiled...Cheers, Wings, Frazier, Seinfeld, Friends, King of Queens....hell I really loved Benson too! I'd watch Benson every day during college - my schedule allowed for it...and it was always good.

Cheers was my choice out of all of those though...we used to play a drinking game with the characters names and Woody always was good for a few laughs.

Yet as an older guy things have suddenly gotten out of control.

We have cartoons now that have taken the place of the real actors.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park.

I like Family Guy out of all the cartoons and it's great in reruns. I laugh out loud twice a half an hour at that show.

Yet there is one other show that I actually enjoy now...The Big Bang has sort of run its course with me...I know they all just signed extensions...but it's getting sort of old...still the reruns are on TBS every two hours...

Modern Family...is the one now...Al Bundy can still make me laugh and he's even funnier as an old man.

So where am I going with this?

My favorite sit-com ever, I suppose.

The top 5?

5). Modern Family
4). Cheers
3). Family Guy
2). Taxi

and 1?

I haven't mentioned it yet!

1). The Odd Couple.

Jack Klugman was the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie