D.B of the Week #4 - The New York Daily News


We held off on the D.B. of the week this week - it will return to it's Thursday slot next week - I had decided to honor Robin Williams this Thursday.

But we had a bunch of D.B.s of the week this week, to be sure.

They work at the New York Daily News.

That front page really bothered me.

Robin Williams worked for the homeless.

He did charity work for St. Jude's.

He never turned down a fan who wanted a photo, or an autograph. The amount of money he raised for wonderful charities is astounding.

And that's not to mention his career...which was incredible...cartoons for kids...movies for adults...laughter all around.

And these rotten bastards send him out like that.

I know that they are trying to sell papers. I realize that we need to go negative on every freaking story that's done. People want to bitch and moan and piss all over every single thing that the world has to offer.

I remember going to the Children's Hospital when House of Miracles came out...I'd written a book to celebrate a beautiful hospital...and the talented doctors and nurses.

The Public Relations Director...a very good man met me at the door of the place...

"I called the media," he said. "Not sure if they'll show."

I laughed.

But he's right.

(They didn't show up).

And you know what else really galls me about this?

The heartless bastards who ran this front page are the same condescending pricks who will skewer any single person for a public apology if they just so happen to swear on television, or say something not meant to be racist, but is racist in their twisting, conniving hands.

Everyone has to apologize for everything...but these pricks...

...print anything they want.

At the expense of a good man who suffered with a horrific affliction.

Garbage.

They printed what Gandolfini ate for dinner on the night he had a heart attack.

Sell your papers...

...you've earned your standing.

The New York Daily News Headline writers are the clear douche bags of the week.

I hope they announce it on their front page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie