Saving Sir Phillip

Wednesday morning was a sad day for Howard Stern fans. Howard and Beth's bulldog Bianca died and fans of the show knew the secret.

Howard Stern really loves his pets.

Howard told us all about Bianca Romin Stamos...which was his bulldog's full name. Long-time fans remember the day he got her.

I felt bad for the guy. I know the pain of losing and the grief. Yeah, even with goofy dogs.

So, I listened to Howard try to hold it together as he talked of the loss. Then I walked down a Buffalo street and saw the following:


Do you see the doggy up on the roof?

Those two women in uniform were from animal rescue and as I got there they were trying to stand the ladder. I decided to help. I positioned the ladder and then offered to go up. (I wasn't allowed for liability reasons).

You see, they were called after the dog climbed out the upper floor window, through a broken screen, and was stuck on the roof.

I watched the daring rescue from the ground. The poor dog was scared and started to bark in fear as the two women went up the ladder that I was footing.

And yet, the three of us were a little nervous about the dog. Would he jump from the roof when cornered? Would he bite? Would the ladder give way?

Thankfully, there was a happy solution:


We were able to get Phillip safely to the ground.

Yeah, Phillip.

The dog was sort of grateful. He was more than a little friendly to his heroes.

I returned to the car and listened to the end of Howard's talk about his dog. The big bad Stern was trying hard not to cry.

"Give your dogs a kiss today," he wrote on Twitter.

And my family wonders why I sing to the Milkman and Pair-Pair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie