The Dogs on Main Street

All right...the cat's out of the bag.

Saturday, July 7, 2012 will be the day when I complete the first draft of the new book. I'm looking at a two-week edit and then off to the publisher to anxiously await word on whether or not I pulled it off.

I'm nervous.

Nah, I'm not.

I think it's right there with everything else I've done lately. I can tell you one thing for sure:

It's been fun.

I love writing fiction. It's so much better than examining the pain in my heart that non-fiction has required.

But what can I say about the new book?

It's funny.

It's sad.

It was an idea that was bandied about and we can do a screenplay with it.

There's a lot of Springsteen involved.

The main character has a bit of me in him. The rest of the characters have a bit of all people.

Together we tackle a lot of issues.

As with the rest of my books my favorite readers have had the chance to read along. No one has seen the last three chapters.

To Carrie, Dana, Pat, Cathy, Pops and almost Kim...you're gonna' like how it plays out.

Of course, the problem being that there will certainly be a let-down coming soon. No matter how hard I try I can't escape the sadness that comes with finishing a project.

But there's a few more things in the hopper...

...I hope.

Does anyone want to help with the rewrite?

Oh, and by the way, for all the people out there who want to write a book:

I'm right there with you. I pray that you have the time and patience to get it done, but one simple suggestion:

Do something else.

It's truly draining!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty