There’s Nothing

I enjoy vivid dreams.

Now, they generally don’t make much sense, but it’s fun to wake up and enjoy the snippets.

I watched a crime drama before bed on Saturday night, so that may have been the fuel, but I spent my night fighting a stalker in my dreams.

Someone was damaging my home, and the police were stumped.

I met a police officer in my driveway as we assessed the fact that someone had yanked out the bushes in front of my home.

“You need to figure out what you did to piss someone off.”

I didn’t have anything to say to that.

“There’s no reason why someone hates me,” I said.

“You must’ve done something. Not everyone is universally loved.”

That’s when I woke up, and it made for an interesting morning as I pondered whether or not I’d ever done something that would make someone hate me enough to yank out the bushes in front of my home.

“There’s nothing,” I thought, and then I realized that it was a pretty good way to go through life.

Like I told the police officer…

…I’m not hated by anyone I can think of.

I thought about some of the politicians who’ve recently died, like Lyndsy Graham and Mitch McConnell (who is most certainly no longer with us) and the legacy of hate that they left behind.

There would be a long list of possible suspects if their homes were damaged!

And I wondered about their motivation to live such a life.

Isn’t the purpose to be able to stand in the driveway and tell a cop:

“I haven’t done anything to make someone hate me enough to attack me.”

Yeah.

Just a weird dream, but I’m glad that there’s nothing there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy