I Imagine

So, two rounds of golf with my Syracuse buddies at the Militi-Raulli Open.

I love playing with that group of guys and we had a lot of laughs, and some pasta.

The golf courses are good ones and I put on a putting clinic the first day (sarcasm).

It’s not often that your first putt is a birdie putt and the last putt of the hole is to save a triple bogey.

But the fun was this morning.

We were on a long hole, and we waited for the group in front to clear the green, and slowly walk to their carts.

They pulled away, and I lined up my shot from about 210 yards out.

I yanked it left.

“That’s near them,” my buddy Rick said, and seconds later we saw a short, heavy guy with a club in his hand running up the fairway.

It was 200 yards.

Poor guy didn’t anticipate how long a run like that would take.

He started walking.

When he got within 20 yards or so, he started screaming that I hit him.

I apologized.

He didn’t hear me because he was too busy yelling.

I thought about explaining that I was aiming for the clear green, and that I had no way of seeing him down a hill and behind a couple of huge trees.

Any explanation I could offer wouldn’t have mattered and my only thought was not to be struck with the driver he had in his hand.

One of the other guys in my foursome said that it was a clear green and that we had waited for them to finish the hole.

The guy looked at me and said:

“It hurt.”

“I imagine,” was probably not what he wanted to hear from me because he started screaming again, but his golf partner pulled up to the scene and said:

“Get in the cart, you idiot.”

I felt badly that my shot was pulled left.

I fully expected that he would have taken my ball with him, but when I got down near the green, there was my ball.

Just ten yards from the green.

I chipped on and made the putt for a par.

At least I got a great bounce off the guy.

A little while later we saw the ranger and we mentioned the incident.

“I heard about it. Doubt you even hit him. That guy is an asshole. I’ll give you twenty bucks if you hit him again.”

Another story added to the Militi-Raulli event.

Still awesome that we’re doing it to honor Joe Militi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy