Dog Days

These are the dog days of summer.

I’ve been sweating a lot these days, and I’m not one to ever complain about the heat.

Bring it on.

I hate winter.

And man, everyone has a spring in their step on Friday.

I checked in on a group of roofers as they took their lunch break. They had a grill going and were making meatballs in sauce for meatball subs.

One guy was going to the Fair with his wife and a couple of kids.

Another guy was heading off to Tennessee for his vacation where he was excited to hike trails.

They asked about my weekend.

“Mow the lawn. Play a round of golf.”

“You better be playing tomorrow. It’s going to rain on Sunday.”

And that sent me to the weather app…

…rain on Sunday morning!

“Oh hell no,” I said. “I’m not gonna miss playing and go right to work again on Monday.”

So, I went to work and changed my golf day.

I have a two-day golf event next weekend, and Sunday will also be open.

“Play three days in a row,” Sam said. “We’re all gonna be sitting in the house soon.”

For sure.

They offered me a meatball sub, but I counted the guys and the rolls.

They had just enough for two each.

“You guys eat ‘em,” I said. “You have to work. And behave this weekend. Don’t drink and drive. Tip your waitress.”

They laughed.

Summertime.

“Hit ‘em straight,” one of them said.

I plan on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy