Fall From Grace

There’s a viral video that was posted by a former Duke basketball star, Kyle Singler.

The man also played in the NBA for a few years, and it’s reported that he earned more than $21 million dollars.

The man is in some serious trouble. A commenter likened the video to Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Singler posted the almost ten-minute video. He was walking around his home, sweating, and pontificating about the people who were coming after him and his money.

His rant was nonsensical to the point that a day after seeing it I’m still thinking about it because he’s in a dire situation.

Either drugs or a severe mental disorder.

In the video, Singler asks, about 30 times, where Coach K is.

Now, as ludicrous as the man’s request for help seemed, and as much as he seemed to be angry at his former coach for turning his back to him…

…I found myself hoping that Coach K would be able to see the video because the man who recorded it isn’t long for the world.

He’s in bad shape.

A few things happened after watching the video.

First, I went to the comment section where all the nasty people gathered to tell Singler to kill himself because he was handed all that money and he blew it. (Nasty people, man).

Secondly, I saw video highlights of Singler’s career - he was a professional basketball player - a genetic freak with talent.

“He won me the NCAA pool when he was at Duke,” my son Jake texted.

How does one fall so hard?

The last thing is that I can’t shake the video - it was that disturbing and I found myself wondering if someone like Coach K did reach out, because if the next thing we see is Singler’s obituary…

…man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy