The Drop By

Saw a Threads post about how the writer missed the drop by.

This is one of those back in my day posts, but of course, it caught my attention because at the big house on the hill the door was always open, and man, we got visitors!

Grandpa was always there on a Saturday morning, and on the weekend, for the most part, there were neighbors and friends in the house, in the yard, or at the table.

Doesn’t happen much these days.

I’ve never seen the inside of the neighbor’s house. We’ve lived near them all for years and years.

If one of them stopped by we’d wonder what the hell is wrong with them.

Kinda’ miss those days, right?

And I mentioned to an old former neighbor that someday people will once again that they need to hang out a little with other people.

“The tide will turn,” I said.

“I don’t think so,” the old neighbor said. “It’s something that will stay lost. People are too used to staring at a screen. Don’t see them ever making the effort.”

One of us is dead wrong.

I hope it’s him…

…the drop by was a lot of fun…

…yet, if someone did it to me, right now, I would probably work up an excuse to get rid of them.

Don’t need their bullshit right NOW.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy