Cringe

Way back in the 1980’s there weren’t a lot of ways to get a message to your girl.

You were forced to put pen to paper, and then you’d have to carry the note around until you spotted her.

I was a hell of a note writer, and I often think about some of the cringe things I wrote.

Yet, back then my main focus also wrote a lot of notes so we passed the slips of paper back and forth all through the year.

One afternoon I bent to get a drink from the water fountain and my friend, Dan, ripped the note, I hadn’t passed, from my back pocket.

To my utter disappointment and embarrassment, he started reading the note aloud to the dozen others gathered in the hallway.

It’s been 44 years and I recall how pathetic my words, meant only for her, were made public.

Thankfully, Butzer saw my distress and he stopped reading it and returned the note.

I thought of that when I saw the wild declarations of love from Natale Harp to the Pedo Pig.

Now that’s cringe worthy!

And what the F?

He’s a happily married man!

His immigrant wife and their anchor baby are waiting at home where they share Big Macs and fries.

And as I read the declarations of undying love to him, I had just a couple of questions?

They kept creeping to the front of my mind, so I’ll ask them here.

“What about the stench, Natalie?”

“Did Covid strip you of your sense of smell?”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy