An Epic Family
Rosalie, Carolyn, Mary Lou, John, Francis and James.
My Dad’s family.
They’re together again, in heaven, if all we’ve learned is true.
My Aunt Franny passed away early on Sunday morning, and I couldn’t shake the feeling that the door has been closed here on Earth for that side of my family.
That fact, hits hard for some reason, and of course, they’re all sadly missed, and they’re here for a long while yet as they’ll all be kept alive by those of us who are still here, remembering them and missing them, and laughing at their antics.
I often tried to ask some of the old-timers what my Dad was like as a kid, or young man.
“About what you’d expect,” one old buddy said. “Hell on wheels.”
Those names I mentioned above were all characters in their own right, so it’s hard to imagine what their dinners were like.
Grandpa ruled the roost, but Grandma didn’t take any shit.
They were all wonderful cooks.
They all were hardworking and funny.
They’re all missed for sure.
The thought that Dad’s family is now gone left me with another thought.
We’re in the on-deck circle…
…slowly moving into the batter’s box for one more long AB.
The circle of life and all that, and I tried my best not to feel sad about missing Aunt Franny.
She was a loving member of the family who will forever walk alongside us as we finish our days.
I feel that and know it to be true.
May Aunt Franny rest in peace, and man, I truly hope that they’re all together at the dinner table in heaven.
Comments