Muted
Finally.
The media decided to work together.
Instead of cowering, they decided to band together in solidarity with the entities that were banned.
White House events went off without audio.
Which was close to heaven…
…he couldn’t be heard!
No talk of windmills causing cancer, or the fact that no one ever knew there was a ‘b’ in dumb until he figured it out.
Just silence.
And why I say it was ‘almost heaven’ is because he could still be seen.
The accordion playing hands as he tries to reason his way through his lies.
And I mention all this because it brought to mind the glorious day, off in the hopefully near future, when he won’t be part of the daily conversation.
Do you remember the days when we hardly ever thought of politics?
Someone asked me about 9/11/01.
How’d I feel about America leading into it?
“I was clueless,” I said. “I barely knew Bin Laden from Saddam Hussein.”
And that was the truth.
There was far less drama, and we trusted that those in charge had the best interest of the country in their hearts.
Of course there was corruption back then.
But damn, At least they had the decency to try and pretend that they were working hard.
The House being in session for only 7 or 8 weeks in a year?
That was unheard of,
A president making $2.2 billion off his stock trades?
That was illegal!
Still is!!
And now…
…the media has gone home.
It’s about time.
Let him shout into the void.
Talk his nonsense to his new girlfriend.
Leave the mute on.
Comments