The Big Deer

We have a wooded area and a ravine directly behind our fenced in backyard.

Every now and again the deer will hang out in the space between the fence and the ravine.

Every morning they hang around the side yard and the neighbor’s home across the street.

One day, the biggest of the deer was inside our fenced in area and I spotted him laying beside the cat!

Neither the deer nor my cat cared the other one was there.

And of course, the deer will hang out and watch as Oliver soars through the air catching the football.

Sounds like a Disney movie!

Yet, on Sunday morning, on the way to play golf, my heart skipped a beat when I saw a deer, on the side of the road.

The big deer had been struck by a car!

“No!” I yelled out.

Now, I’m not sure that it was OUR deer, but it bugged me nonetheless.

I’m hoping that in the next few days we see our deer with his little ones…

…just hanging out with my cat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy