What’s Up?

It’s funny how we salute one another.

“How’s it going?”

Is usually answered with:

“It’s going?”

“How are you?”

Often gets:

“Same shit, different day.”

We all have stock answers. When someone asks me how I am I usually answer:

“Lovely.”

I see different people each day, which is good. I can’t imagine working in an office where you run into the same people every day.

That’s dangerous because you get invested!

At the same time, there was a plumber that I ran into the day after Kathy had her surgery.

About a month later I saw him again, and the first thing he asked was:

“How’s your bride?”

Which was very thoughtful given that I’m not sure I even know his first name.

There is one good day for greeting people.

“How’s it going?”

“It’s Friday.”

That’s always the response on Friday morning, and yeah, it puts a little pep in the step.

That’s followed by:

“Have a great weekend.”

And then on Monday we have to deal with the:

“How was your weekend?” question.

“I played all right,” is my response to that one.

I wonder about ancient times.

Did we always greet one another in a similar fashion?

Then I get home:

“How’d your day go?”

“Sucked.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spicy!!!

Ten Years Burning Down the Road

Heart Heavy