The Next 38 Days
On the tee box, polling my fellow golfers.
“What’s going to happen?” I asked.
“Oh, there won’t be an election,” golfer #1 said.
“I don’t think so either,” golfer #2 added.
I didn’t digest that all that well. If there aren’t mid-term elections there isn’t any more pretending…
…it’s over.
I don’t see how they can possibly stop the election.
You can’t just declare martial law (or as the MAGA crowd says: ‘Marshall Law’ - as if he were the sheriff on Gunsmoke).
“We have the Democrats saying, ‘He can’t do that! Then he does it and no one stops him.”
That is a fair point.
I mentioned:
“He knows if he loses he’s going to jail.”
“He’s NEVER going to jail. He does whatever. There won’t be an election.”
It was my turn to hit, with that thought ringing in my ears.
After my swing I said:
“It’s going to be a crazy few weeks.”
Chasing the media away is a calculated plan.
Trying to challenge ballots and pretend there’s fraud.
That’s out of Hitler’s playbook.
On Saturday it was noticed that the war with Iran will continue for quite some time.
“The strait is open. They want to open the strait. We don’t need the strait. If they don’t open the strait we will turn them into a parking lot, but we’re winning.”
We aren’t winning.
The polls show that the Republicans are going to clearly pay for the blatant incompetence of the administration.
“I’m afraid that something is going to happen,” I said. “A false flag attack on an American city, perhaps.”
And I’m certainly hoping that doesn’t happen, but we are absolutely upside down right now, and everything is on the table.
This is not normal.
They refuse to accept the truth, believing that the 2020 election wasn’t legit, despite no evidence to the contrary.
“We are looking at it from the place we always have. The rule of law. There aren’t any laws anymore.”
Golfer #1 opined that.
And then we all shrugged and went back to our games.
It’s going to be a wild, scary few weeks.
Comments