Perfect World - #19?
So, you want to write a book.
I received the layout and cover art for the new book - “Perfect World” and I knew that I had one more task.
I needed to read the freaking thing again!
To make sure that there weren’t any errors.
It’s likely the twentieth time I have read it, and is likely to happen when you read something so many times, you start thinking:
“Does this suck?”
I truly don’t believe that it does - I said what I wanted to say, and the plot tips along with interesting characters in place.
But it’s a lot of work.
I did my job, and sent it back. Now I wait, but I should have a couple of copies in hand fairly soon.
And I thought, “Man, twenty books!”
And then I thought: “Wait! This is only 19.”
I tested myself. Could I remember them all?
The first 5 were easy to recall:
‘Money Changes Everything’, Eye in the Sky’, Waldorf & Juli’, ‘Desperation’ and ‘In Real Life’.
Then what?
‘Nobody’s Home and ‘Blind Spot’ before three non-fiction efforts, ‘Counting On A Miracle’, ‘House of Miracles’ and ‘Oh Brother: The Story of Jeff Fazzolari’.
That’s 10 and I desperately needed more fiction.
‘Dogs On Main Street’, ‘Everything I Know’, ‘Small Town’, ‘The Barking Lions’, and ‘The Big D’, brings me to 15.
Damn. I knew there were more!
“Life Isn’t Always Beautiful’ was another nonfiction for my buddy Dave and his wife Carolyn.
‘Are You An Idiot?’ Is 17.
‘The Crime’ checks in at 18.
And yep.
‘Perfect World’ will be #19.
(But I have a secret).
‘Telling Stories’ is in the can and ready.
So is ‘Pathetic’.
And I’m almost done with:
“Where is She?”
For now, however, I’m anxious for someone other than me to read ‘Perfect World’.
I don’t think it sucks.
Comments