Winter Blahs

I absolutely hate the days when it seems as though you never see the sun. I leave the house when its dark and return in the dark, and never quite feel as though I've escaped it all day long. And yet, there is something just right about the changing seasons. I lived in California for awhile and I literally sepnt eight months in sunshine, and grew bored with it. I could have been a weather man out there - I knew where each cloud was going to be, and there never was much of a threat of rain.

On December 15th of that year, I played basketball outside in a t-shirt and shorts. I distinctly recall thinking, this ain't Christmas. Four days later, the pilot announced, "We're arriving in Buffalo where the current temperature is 22 degrees."

The wind was whistling, it was dark, and the half of my brain that thinks was saying, "What the hell did you do this time, moron?"

I'm not sure what it is that I enjoy about winter - but it's here and I'm ready for it. Maybe it's that it keeps me in the house longer, allows me to sleep a solid eight, and keeps me closer to the family. Or maybe, I should have listened to the thinking half of my brain and took a dip in the pool on Christmas Eve. At least I'm not worried about wild fires in my backyard, and there has to be some consolation in that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie